If you’re a homeowner, you know that the cost of living seems to be going up every year. It can be tough to keep up with the Joneses when the cost of living is increasing and your salary stays the same. One way to stay ahead of inflation is to make smart home renovations to offset rising costs. Here are some home renovations to make while inflation is high.
1. Add Energy-Efficient Features – One way to stay ahead of inflation is to add energy-efficient features to your home. New windows from Hoosier Windows & Siding, for example, can help to reduce your heating and cooling bills by keeping the heat in during the winter and out during the summer. Similarly, Hoosier’s line of new siding and doors can also improve your home’s energy efficiency, while also providing a fresh new look. Not only will these improvements help you stay ahead of inflation, but they will also add to the value of your property.
2. Finish Your Basement – A finished basement can not only provide you with extra living space, but it can also increase the resale value of your home. If you have an unfinished basement, now is the time to finish it. In addition to adding value to your home, a finished basement can also be a great place to entertain guests or provide much-needed extra space for your family.
3. Add a Deck or Patio -Adding a deck or patio is another great way to add value to your home while enjoying some outdoor living space. A deck or patio can be used for entertaining guests, grilling out, or just relaxing after a long day. If you have the space and the budget, adding a deck or patio is a great home renovation to consider.
4. Update Your Kitchen – An updated kitchen is one of the most desirable features in a home. If your kitchen is outdated, consider doing a complete renovation. If you’re not ready for a complete kitchen renovation, there are still some things you can do to update your kitchen such as painting cabinets, adding new hardware, or changing out light fixtures.
5. Renovate Your Bathroom – Like an updated kitchen, an updated bathroom is also very desirable to potential homebuyers. If you’re planning to sell your home in the near future, renovating your bathroom is a great way to add value. If you’re not planning to sell, renovating your bathroom is still a great way to enjoy an updated space. There are many different ways to renovate a bathroom, so you can choose a project that fits your budget and needs.
Making smart home renovations is a great way to stay ahead of inflation and maintain the value of your property. Adding new doors and windows from Hoosier Windows, finishing your basement, and updating your kitchen are all great ways to add value and enjoyment to your home while inflation is on the rise.
Contact Hoosier Windows & Siding today for a free quote on new doors, windows, or any other home renovation project you may be considering. Visit us online or give us a call at (260) 748 – 7980.